Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If I wanted to get custody of my son and I could prove that the mother was unfit, and not able to take care of him, Department of Children and Families has already removed my son from her care and has placed him with her family members. What could I do in order to step in and finally get my son back, and get full custody?

Asked on 12/14/11, 8:47 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cory Schnepper Levine, Busch & Schnepper, P.A.

Were you married to the mother? If not, was paternity established? If you are already the biological father, you can petition the court to be the residential custodial parent. You would need an attorney to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 12/14/11, 11:32 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You must petition the court for custody.

Read more
Answered on 12/14/11, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida