Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

had a couple move out a month ago . and wont come back for the rest of their things . i have asked 3 times . its been 30 days .thay stayed in my personal travel trailer . and its locked . how can i take back my property ?

Asked on 5/22/20, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Duvalsaint Philip A. Duvalsaint, PLLC

Is there a written lease? What does it say? Do you have contact information for them? You should send them a notice stating what they owe, and that their belongings will be destroyed or thrown out if they do not claim them. Florida Statute ยง 83.59(3)(c) states that a tenant has abandoned the dwelling when he or she is absent from the property for a period of time equal to one-half the time for periodic rental payment, as long as the rent is not current and the tenant has not notified the landlord of his or her absence in writing.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/20, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida