Legal Question in Health Care Law in Florida

My husband was taken very ill and was in ICU for 5 days. We had no insurance at the time.,We had to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy. 7 months later we have recieved a $3900 bill from the cardiologist that was involved while my husband was hospitalized. We would have included this in the chapter 7 if we had known. We filed 4 months after my husband was released from the hospital and did not have a bill from this Doctor or it would have been included. Do we have any recourse becasue the billing was 7 months later? What can we do?

Asked on 6/20/12, 4:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

Talk with the attorney who filed the chapter 7 for you. If you filed without an attorney, you need to see if you can possibly amend the schedules to include this creditor. Call the Trustee appointed in your case. If your discharge has already been entered, it may be too late.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/12, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Florida