Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I may apply for a J1 visa to the United States next year, from the United Kingdom, but I hold a Belgian passport and have unfortunately overstayed in the US during a previous visit, due to illness during visit. Will I be able to obtain the J1 visa for next year, or even this year, and how long would it normally take to apply for from the United Kingdom? Thank you for your reply.

Asked on 11/08/12, 2:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Balaguera The Balaguera Law Firm, P.A.

You should contact the local consulate to get answers to these questions. You can lookup your local consulate at If you have documentation to show that you were physically unable to depart from the US on time because of the illness, then you must present it to them and it should not be an issue. However, it's possible the visa may still be denied. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/12, 8:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida