Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I was married twice before and currently remarried to a non-resident and want to adjust his status. The first marriage ended in divorce but this spouse received a temporary residency. My second marriage ended in divorce but the spouse left the country without filing for the I-485 although we had an interview after filing the I-130 and were granted the I-130 petition. I am now remarried and need to file an I-130 for my spouse and am a born American Citizen and want to know if my past immigration applications will affect my current marriage and what proof/documents would I need to prove the validity?

Asked on 12/03/14, 4:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

To prove the validity of your current marriage is a process we can help you with. You will need to show as many different types of evidence that you and your current spouse live together as marriage partners as you can. As long as you can show certified copies of the final dissolutions of your two previous marriages, they should not adversely affect your new petition. Call or email me to discuss the matter further.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/14, 5:07 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You will probably be questioned about it, however, I don't see that it would preclude your current spouse from adjusting, barring some fraud issue,

You will need to submit your past final judgements on the two dissolutions (divorces) with the I-130, anyway, and joint documents from the current marriage are always required.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/14, 9:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida