Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I am from the Philippines. I came to U.S on a J1 visa. I am Now Married legally to a U.S citizen. The 2 year rule DOES NOT apply to me either. I have a Job And taxes are taken out of my check. My J1 visa is now expired and I have not been able to get my green card yet. When Tax season comes around Is it Legal for me to File for my taxes? Are there any consequences? Etc..

Asked on 12/22/16, 7:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

Working on an expired visa is not a good idea. Your spouse must petition for you and you must apply to adjust your status. Pay any federal and state taxes owed when due.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/16, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida