Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I received a "Notice to revoke Permanent Resident status' in 30 days from INS. Given 30 day period will be completed in next 10 days and I am leaving the country. My company is ready to process for extention of my H1B. Is it possible to apply for H1B extention now? or Do I need to wait for the letter from INS saying my GC is revoked? If I have to wait for the GC Revocation letter, how long it take after the 30 day period?

Asked on 8/08/09, 5:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

This is the 8th or 10th question from your on this forum pertaining to the same issue.

I am sure that the company has a lawyer who is handling your employment visa. Please consult your lawyer. Before advising you, a lawyer needs to ask you numerous questions and review your prior nonimmigrant visas history, prior H-1B visa history and other immigration matters.

The question you posted requires a case-specific analysis and advice, which is not always possible on a public forum, because an attorney cannot provide a case-specific legal advice on a public forum (legal information only).

Read more
Answered on 8/08/09, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida