Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Type Your Question Here...Hi I'm 62 years old,and receiving a widow's pension, can I petition my married son who's 40 years old? I really would want him to join me here in the US.

Asked on 9/03/20, 8:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you are a U.S. citizen, then you can file an I-130 petition for your adult son. When his immigrant visa eventually becomes current, you can get a co-sposnor for the affidavit of support, if you don't have enough assets or income to meet the I-864 requirements at that time.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/20, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida