Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I have an employee that I allowed to move his camper to my property while he worked on a project at my home, well that didn't work out too well and I fired him. Do I have to evict him or can I make him leave now since he is no longer employed by me?

Asked on 10/20/23, 6:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Rosenblum Rosenblum Law Offices

If you still need an answer...

I'd first try calling the Sheriffs Office & tell them the guy is trespassing. They may tell you it's a civil matter & decline to help. Then you need to evict. First, send latter demanding he leave-keep a copy. then go to your Clerk's website (or call them) & look for eviction forms. Or, get a lawyer to do it for you.

The relevant Fla. statutes are in Chap. 83. Look for "residential" tenancies...then Termination of tenancy without written lease or duration of term. The statute tells you what to write in your letter to "tenant".

Hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/23, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida