Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

breast sugery malpractice

the doc was supposed to do a augmentation and lift.i went home then realized no lift but was still getting billed for it.i said something they took the lift money off bill 3 months after i noticed it.i got a staph one.they refused to put the 500 back on payment and give surgery to fix threating its gone away with 1000worth of meds it took 18mos.also he didnt insert one right.its center is 2 inces above my nipple and horrible scarring.the lift is now needed.i continue to pay every embarrsed by my ugly breast that shoulda made me feel better.6000 is alot.please help.they also have lotsa other lawsuits against them for malpractice and death.

Asked on 3/05/04, 9:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

Re: breast sugery malpractice

Where did the surgery occur? Are you permanently in Florida? As indicated by the other attorney's answer, a surgeon with the exact qualifications of the one who did the surgery will have to testify that the surgeon did the surgery in such a manner that a reasonable surgeon under similar circumstances would not have done. Therefore, it is important that you see a surgeon that will not only give you an opinion, but will testify in your behalf. Many doctors talk big but will not help the patient out in court. Therefore, give me a call Monday to discuss this. I have had 27 years of extensive experience litigating such cases. If you wish to check me out, go to the local library, pull the Martindale-Hubbell reference book for Michgan, look under Southfield and see my rating and experience. William S. Stern 248-353-9400 or [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/07/04, 8:58 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: breast sugery malpractice

You need to see another doctor to verify there was a departure from good and accepted practice and this doctor must be willing to testify. It sounds like you do have a malpractice case.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/04, 5:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida