Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

i am 31 weeks pregnant. a car back into me last week as i was walking to go pay for gas and threw me to the ground. doctors says my baby and me are fine but i still have aches and pain. his insurance company called me and told me that my insurance company will pay 80% of my medical bill and that they will pay the other 20% and that, that was all that i was entitled too but medicaid already paid for my bills. should i except this offer or am i being ripoff.

Asked on 10/05/09, 6:15 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Unless you have a "serious injury" you will not qualify to make a claim for pain and suffering.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/09, 6:28 pm
Leland Garvin Garvin Law Firm

To elaborate on what the other lawyer said; you will need a doctor to come forward and be willing to say that you have a "permanent injury" to qualify for anything other than your medical and property loss cost. Pain and suffering is usually where the bulk of any recovery comes from after an auto accident settlement and for that you need a permanent injury.

Hope that answers your question; if you believe that your injury is permanent feel free to give me a ring, otherwise it is probably not cost effective to get an attorney involved.

Good luck!


Read more
Answered on 10/05/09, 8:23 pm
Philip DeBerard Accident Law Offices of Philip DeBerard

If you have been to a doctor and have substantial injuries, please call our firm or view our website

thank ou

Read more
Answered on 10/06/09, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida