Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I was in an argument that led up to the person hitting me.I will like to sue him for hitting me in the face and I will like to sue the person who video taped me. What should I go for battery and the reason I didn't want to be recorded?

note:I did not hit him back nor did I give consent to the videotaping.This was in Florida on a public school gym.

Asked on 5/13/13, 11:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

You can sue for battery, but most of those cases are difficult to find lawyers for unless you were hurt badly and the other person has money. From your description it sounds like you have no grounds to sue the person making the videotape.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 11:22 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Mr. Justice sounds accurate to me. Seek some legal advice on how to proceed and what your civil claims may be. An intentional tort may not be the best way to proceed. I dont think you have any claims against the individual who videotaped you in a public school gym which was open to other people at the time.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida