Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

i was involved in a motorcycle and car accident.i was on the bike and was hit by a car turning left comming from the opposite direction.i made a statement to my insurance company.The accident was the car drivers fault. the bike was totaled and i have thousands of dollars in medical bills. How do i settle with there insurance company? lost wages, pain and suffering, ect.

Asked on 4/15/10, 11:03 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Tami Diebel The Plaintiffs Law Firm

I suggest you hire an attorney. If you have medical insurance and your medical insurance is paying any of the bills there will be a lien on any proceeds you obtain. There are several factors that go into a claim like this. If you would like to contact my office, I can certainly assist you. 407-637-5890.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/10, 11:07 am
Jensen Grant Kanner & Pintaluga, P.A.

I would echo Ms. Diebel's advice. There are many complicated issues that come into play here, and an attorney will be in the best position to help you.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/10, 11:14 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Retain counsel familiar with these type of claims. I have been doing so for more than 30 years.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/10, 11:15 am
Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. If you own a car, or live with a relative who owns a car, then the PIP coverage on the insurance policy insuring that car may pay some of your bills. If you only own your motorcycle, then the insurance policy for the other driver who hit you should pay some of your medical bills. In addition, the other driver may have coverage to pay you some money for your injuries. The insurance issues in these cases are complicated. You really should consult with an attorney who is skilled in this area. In particular, you should look for an attorney who's board certified in civil trial law, as are the attorneys in our office. Board certification indicates that the attorney has expertise in a specific area. We offer a free initial consultation and would be happy to speak with you about the situation.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/10, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida