Last week I passed out & was taken to the hospital by ambulance. It turned out it was food poisoning
from eggs I ate from Publix supermarket. Do I have a case or at least can I get my hospital bill paid?
1 Answer from Attorneys
You will have to prove that:
1. you had food poisoning, and this was the reason for the trip to the hospital.
2. the poisoning was caused by the eggs and nothing else.
3. the eggs were purchased at Publix.
4. that Publix was somehow negligent in the handling, storage, or sale of the eggs.
5. that you didn't contribute to the mishandling, or contamination, or inadequate cooking of the eggs.
Proving negligence is difficult, and you have several VERY high hurdles to clear.
Related Questions & Answers
I bougth 2 bags of uncles bens brown rice from publix. When I opened it I found... Asked 10/12/10, 5:59 am in United States Florida Products Liability