Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

In 2019 put a $500 security deposit on a home in Perry, FL (Taylor County). After we paid for inspections, we found there was a right of way issue with the railroad. It dragged on and we were told there was no quick resolution or end in sight and were offered the choice to rescind our offer. That's what we did, and upon asking for our deposit back from the title co. they said it had to be released by the realtor. We signed a paper for the realtor and they still have not given back the deposit. We contacted them several times and they said all they can do is try to get ahold of the out of state seller to have him sign off to release the deposit. What can we do to get our $500 deposit back?

Asked on 6/02/22, 2:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You could file a small claims case. I would not do that until you seek some actual legal advice. Give someone a chance to review your paperwork to make sure all is in order.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/22, 2:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida