Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Me and my husband are not legally married we are separated how do i proceed to claim my part of the family home. We are both on the deed and he resides in the family home. Currently he has not paid the mortgage in 4 months

Asked on 2/17/21, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Roemer Robert Roemer

dear poster,

You can only get your name off the deed and satisfy the mortgage by filing a partition action to request the local Judge to Force the sale of the home . Once the house is sold the proceeds would go into a escrow account judge issued an order forcing the money's to you and your husband separately. I've handled before 5 and he's over the years fairly straightforward actions so if you need some assistance /representation you can contact me to discuss this further.


Robert Roemer


Read more
Answered on 2/17/21, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida