Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Getting an uncontested divorce soon. My wife wants 50% of the difference between the current value of the house and the original cost. It comes to about $25,000. She paid $7,000 down and I paid $10,000 down. Should I agree to this?

Asked on 3/23/20, 10:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

She is entitled to martial distribution based upon increase in value. Why not deducted each of your down payments from total and then distributed?

Read more
Answered on 3/23/20, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida