Legal Question in Tax Law in Florida

Tax Law Question: I asked this early yesterday w/charge of $39.95. When may I expect an answer? Can California garnish or place leins, etc on my Florida bank accounts/property for not paying state back income taxes resulting from being in a partnership? I thought I sold my .5 unit 10 years ago; but just found out that I did not sell it all. The partnership did however stop sending me K-1s in 2002.

Asked on 9/06/12, 6:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

If CA files their lien in Florida in accordance with CA and FL law, CA may garnish

your salary or bank accounts. You may demand a hearing to object to the process

but it appears that you do not have records to support a real objection to the claim.

If the amount of CA lien is large enough, you may benefit from contesting the

matter, or contacting CA to settle the matter. Of course, several years of income

taxes, with penalties and interest, could be substantial.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/12, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Florida