Legal Question in Telecomm Law in Florida

copy righted material

Hi, i'm interested in starting a website, and I want to stream video to people's computers. The problem is, the video is copyright protected. How do I aquire the licensing from paramount pictures, and fox media, etc... to leagally distribute coppies and collect a profit?

please contact me at the provided e-mail address.

i would greatly apprecaite it.


Asked on 8/11/07, 4:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stewart Michael D. Stewart

Re: copy righted material

You should get a representative to contact them for you.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/07, 5:35 pm
Gordon Firemark Law Offices of Gordon P. Firemark

Re: copy righted material

You can contact the copyright owners directly, with a written explanation of what you plan to do, and ask for permission and/or a license.

If the video in question features actors, etc., there are also a number of issues with unions, etc. that you'll need to iron out.

You should probably contact an experienced entertainment lawyer for advice before contacting rights holders.

Invest a few hundred dollars in a consultation with a professional, get some good advice, and then evalauate your next step.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/07, 12:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Telecommunications Law questions and answers in Florida