Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

According to Miami, FL law, what document should I draft to keep my mom's family house in my family and not pass it on to my husband should I die before him? I want to allow him to live out his days there but upon his death the family home passes to my youngest son (who is from my first marriage). I also want to limit what husband can and cannot change on the property and leave remaining siblings as consultants before he does anything. Or I may advise he finds other housing within a time limit since he will receive most of the insurance claim. Note: My mom is 94 and still lives in the home. I am on deed with her since my father and she was married and got this home at my birth. I want something he can sign as an agreement to the terms before he moves into the family home with me upon my mom's passing. Thanks. - Kim

Asked on 9/16/22, 9:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Suggest you speak with an attorney to review various options.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/22, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida