Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Georgia

Is there a way to try and stop or dispute a bankruptcy? Someone filied on a debt that they owed me. This guy has a good job and lives in a home that is worth over 500k but there is probaly no equity in it. If there is no equity in his property will he be able to keep evertything he has home, cars and etc? Dosen't seem right for me to do without and him get to keep everything. Maybe wrong of me to think that. Would it be ok for me to write a letter to the trustee or judge voicing my feeling on this guy?

Asked on 1/30/13, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

The Bankruptcy process is governed by laws, not emotions. Just about every creditor feels like you, so no it will do not good at all to write a letter to anyone (unless you have actual information about hidden assets, etc.). If you believe you have a legal basis to contest his discharge, you should retain a lawyer to discuss and pursue. There is no way anyone here can guess what he will keep, as we know nothing about the case.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/13, 1:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Georgia