Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

I completed consulting work and produced documents for a company in April, but they still have not paid me the money. A payment plan was initiated, but the client keeps missing payments, even when I try to reschedule and work with the client. We don't have a formal contract in place, but I have numerous emails and the payment plans with the company rep admitting that they owe me. Can I sue and should I sue or try to keep working with the company directly to resolve the invoice?

Asked on 10/29/20, 2:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

You can file a claim in the magistrate (small claims) court in the county where the company's registered agent is located. Of course, working it out with them would be preferable if you can.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/20, 7:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia