Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Georgia

Can a person sue you for payment on a vehicle that you now own? Title/ tag is in your name because when I paid $1500 they gave me the title. Now saying I owe $1950 and taking me to small claim's court.

Asked on 10/01/20, 10:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


If you signed a sales agreement for the "extra" $1,950.00, yes

Plaintiff can sue you for fraud, etc., and ask the Court to award punitive damages (9 times the amount awarded by the Court, what you still owe, up to the maximum in Magistrate Court - $15,000.00)

If you owe the extra $1,950.00, my advice is to pay it in full before Court, and say so in you answer

Read more
Answered on 10/02/20, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Georgia