Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

how do I drop the charges

I pressed forgery charges against someone out of anger, they did sign my name to a reimbursement check made out to me and deposited it in their account but that money was really due them. I stupidly signed a forgery complaint and now I realize I should not have. How do I go about dropping this charge. I signed an affadavit proclaiming my name was forged which it was, but not maliciously nor to try to steal from me. I really need to know what to do to drop this charge. Thank you

Asked on 5/16/01, 8:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Head Head, Thomas, Webb & Willis, LLC

Re: how do I drop the charges

You should call the prosecutor's office. However, it may be up to them whether or not the charges are dropped. In addition, if you are not properly subpoenaed to come to court , don't show up and the case will go away. Make sure you speak to a lawyer about what it means to be properly subpoenaed.


Larry Kohn

Read more
Answered on 6/25/01, 4:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia