Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Georgia

My boyfriend is currently in jail. I was listed as the victim but I signed the affidavit to dismiss the case but the state picked up the charges because he's on probation and these are felony charges. I have been emailing the judge, prosecutor, and victim advocate letting them know that I am diagnosed Bipolar Disorder with Anxiety and panicked the day of the incident. They refuse to drop these charges and now the stress from him being in there and them not dropping charges (now I have late bills, he's missing work, family time, and my graduation and holidays) has cause me to relapse and I have been having stress-induced chest pains. Is there any legal way that I could have them pay my medical bills because of this?

Asked on 10/22/15, 1:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You are kidding, right? This is a joke? Go to any womens shelter and ask to speak to women who dropped the charges or would not testify, and by doing so told their husbands or boyfriends it was OK to beat them. Ask the shelter employees to tell you about women and children who are no longer around to tell their stories. You want to be paid to be one of them? Plan on missing a lot more things in the future.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/15, 1:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Georgia