Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My aunt bought my mom a home in exchange for my grandmother's jewelry that was willed to my mom. Now she has the jewelry she is saying that we owe her for the home! When she bought the home the electrical and plumbing needed work and also the heating and air. There was also no carpet just subflooring and she was to put that in as well! Now she is telling us that we can't have visitors and hasn't done the rest of the fix ups so we told her that when she puts it in my moms name that we would finish the fix ups and have it nice but not till then but now she wants to do monthly inspections and my mother just wants the home in her name and cut ties from her! What can we do to get the home in my moms name and have her leave us alone?

Asked on 11/09/15, 4:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


File a "quiet title" action in your county superior court and prove it was purchased with the jewelry

Good luck

Ralph (770.985.6773)

Read more
Answered on 11/09/15, 5:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia