Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I filed for a uncontested divorce and we did not list that we had a 9 yr old daughter because we had a verbal agreement that we would share visitation but soon after we got our divorce papers she left with kid and I haven't seen or heard from them over 30 days now I went to court filed a petition to have the divorce set aside so we could add daughter ti divorce decree and got a court date set for06-11-2018 mean while went to courthouse and got a pto on me saying she was scared and I hurt her and the judge gave it to her with no proof no I continue trying to call or look for them I do know she moved 120 miles from here and got a new place with her new boyfriend with out my permission to take child so far and the court date for pto is 06-13-2018 what will happen will I ever get to see my daughter and what about the distance.

Asked on 5/26/18, 5:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Get a lawyer FAST! You just went online and confessed in enough detail so the judge and prosecutors can identify you (and prosecutors do read here) to committing a serious fraud on the court, and PERJURY, a felony. You can face jail, and even if that doesn't happen, since you participated in the fraud, your upcoming civil court dates could go VERY badly. GET COUNSEL. Stop digging a hole and represent yourself. This will NOT go well for you without counsel. You likely will have significant legal fees, far bigger than if you had done what you should have and had a lawyer of day one. The TPO makes this all the worse for you. You cannot fix this yourself.

DO NOT DELAY GETTING COUNSEL. Cease representing yourself. Many lawyers will not want to handle a case a pro se litigant botched this badly, but you need to spend Monday calling experienced lawyers. You have a problem and little time to address it.

In the meantime, stop confessing to felonies on the public internet. That is a very bad plan.

Read more
Answered on 5/26/18, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia