Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have full custody of my kids. My ex and I share every other holiday. He provides child support and Christmas is one of the expenses we put into our paperwork. Rent, bills, etc. is NOT included in our child support total. However, I do all of the shopping, wrapping, and putting the presents under the tree. The kids live with me so that's where the presents go. He is demanding that i allow him to come and get the gifts and take them to his house for the kids to open. He bought nothing and wrapped nothing. Our paperwork defines every other Christmas but not how to handle situations like this. What are my legal rights in this situation?

Asked on 11/11/15, 5:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Your gifts, your right to give them to children at your home He has no right to them or right to make believe they are gifts from him Tell him to buy his own gifts for HIS CHILDREN

No wonder you divorced him

Merrill Christmas and God Bless

Ralph (770.985.6773 answered 24x7)

Read more
Answered on 11/11/15, 6:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia