Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am the single parent of a 13 month old and her father has never contacted us or helped in anyway he knew when my dew date was and all the contact info just chose not to is this considered abandonment and what should I do?

Asked on 3/28/13, 4:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Go to the state child support office and start a child support case.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 4:40 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

Child Support Enforcement can pursue child support. If the father challenges paternity, a DNA test will be taken. The initial cost is borne by the agency. If paternity is positive, the father has to pay. It sometimes takes 6 months but this is a means of getting support started.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 4:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia