Legal Question in Immigration Law in Georgia

lost passport and birthcertificate. greencard renewal

i lost my jamaican passport with an immigrant visa stamped in it, i also lost my birthcertificate. my green card is expire and i cannot renew because i dont know my passport#, i dont have my birthcertificate. i am a legal permanent resident but the department of labor cannot verify my status in order for me to file unemployment claim. i am not sure where to start please help.

Asked on 12/04/06, 9:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: lost passport and birthcertificate. greencard renewal

The quickest way might be to go to a former employer and ask them for a copy of the verification paperwork in your file. They probably recorded your passport number if you gave it to them. You could also try to contact the Jamaican Consulate in the U.S.

The above information is offered as a courtesy and does not create any relationship or liability on the part of either party.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/06, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Georgia