Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Georgia

Can a co-owner that is not an heir by blood/family, can force

the heirs that owns the majority of the undivided property to

separate the land by taking it through court proceedings?

Asked on 8/22/15, 11:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

A co-owner can generally file a partition action to sell the property and divide the proceeds. The person can expect to pay thousands in legal fees, the property will likely be sold at a discount for a fast sale and all loans, taxes, etc., will have to be paid off. That is why it is usually the worst option and does not happen much. Contact the others and work out a deal.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/15, 6:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Georgia