Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

I performed freelance writing/editing work for a company. I have since stopped working for them as they failed to pay for all of the work completed in April and May 2015. I have contacted them, and they said that there will be delay in payment due to lack of funds. What can I do at this point? My contract states that I should be paid by the 10th of the month for the previous month's work. At this point the contract is null. How can I go about collecting my payment? What should I include in a demand letter? Should it be certified or sent by email?

Asked on 7/31/15, 6:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Have an attorney send a demand letter, as it will have a much greater effect than coming from you. If they don't respond favorably, either file an action in the local magistrate (small claims) court if it is $15,000 or less or have an attorney assist in filing in the state or superior court.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/15, 6:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia