Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

I resigned from my job on 5/21 giving a 30 day notice due to a hostile environment and it was revoked from my employer. My last pay check was to be received on 6/4/10 however my last paycheck wasn't received until 6/12/10 dated for 6/9/10.

I've been receiving at $10 per hour since March 1st. She only paid me $7.25 per hour for my last week. Can she just change my pay?

Also, she is claiming I owe her childcare because my daughter did attend the center. However, she said from the very beginning, because she couldn't pay me what I was worth, which is $30K-$32K. That is the salary range for Directors of childcare centers. She advised me that in order to compensate me, should would allow childcare at no charge to me. However, I had to sign a paper that stated I was paying childcare for state purposes. Without that document being in my file, if a child care consultant saw that it wasn't filed we could of possibly been fined.

Parents of children attending the center are required to pay weekly, I was never given an invoice to date until I received my last pay. The procedure for non-payment is child dismissal. My child was never dismissed from the center and I never paid. If I was to pay for childcare, why wasn't my child dismissed or why wasn't I warned, written up or terminated prior to my resignation?

The pay period for my last check, is suppose to be for 5/17/10 - 5/28/10 with the pay date of 6/4/10 for $10 per hour with 31.5 hours worked. However, I'm just recieving it today at a pay rate of $7.25 an hour with pay date period of 3/27/10 - 04/09/10 for 31.3 hours.

As of today, I haven't received my seperation notice.

What legal advice do you have for me? I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Asked on 6/15/10, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Make a complaint with the state department of labor.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/10, 7:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia