Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

Good morning I received a copy of my credit report and found that the apartment complex had 2 judgments so I asked the company to send me proof. I got paperwork from the company with a lease that I did not sign my lease was up so I decided to move I went to the manager about it and she stated that they did not sign the lease please help what should I do

Asked on 5/25/17, 7:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Proof of what? The judgments? Generally, the time to ask for "proof" or "evidence" is in the lawsuit. When a judgment is entered it means the case is over and you lost your chance to contest it. You need to focus on the lawsuits to see whether you got proper notice, etc. Just going back and forth with the company is a waste of time at this point.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/17, 7:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia