Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

My dtr was in an accident. The other party has accepted liability. Georgia... Her car was totaled... she was making payments and had gap insurance. She is pregnant due next month and not working ( related to pregnancy) but now will be out of a car. Shouldn't her lawyer assist her in getting some compensation for a car. Make her whole again. She was told to wait and take the money from her injuries. I can't continue to shuttle her back and forth

Asked on 6/10/17, 4:42 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

She should discuss her case with her lawyer, and her lawyer will do what is best for HER case (not your inconvenience).

Read more
Answered on 6/10/17, 7:06 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Only her lawyer knows the facts. She doesn't get extra for inconvenience. The insurer only pays FMV for a car and gap pays any difference between that and the loan balance. That may or may not make her "whole."

Read more
Answered on 6/10/17, 8:40 am
Ronald Arthur Lowry Ronald Arthur Lowry

If the gap insurance came into play that means she had no equity built up in the car. The good news is that she wasn't owing money to a bank for the totally destroyed vehicle as sometimes is the case. If she has decent credit she ought to be able to lease a car with a minimal front end payment. Explore that option. If she doesn't have the down payment possibly you can help her with that. The monthly payments for a small car like a Civic or Sonic can be quite reasonable. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/17, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia