Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

There are several women with the same first and last name as mine. One has her photos all over the internet. An openly gay woman with the same name as mine declared bankruptcy. I've received calls and visits from collection agencies. I have people cruising slowly past my house. My property has been damaged. I'm concerned for my safety and further property damage. I set up a website and a FB page disclaiming the other women but apparently no one reads. What else can I do? The county said I could set up a land trust for my home but I may lose my tax exemptions. I can't afford to move to a state that protects taxpayer privacy.

Asked on 3/17/14, 11:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

In the modern days of the internet, this happens all the time. Frankly there's nothing you can do. The one thing you did do (setting up a webpage and FB page) was a very bad idea as it will cause more web hits than before. Take those pages down. Moving to another state will not change the problem.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/14, 12:04 pm
Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

If it is a real problem, not just a short-term nuisance, your option may be to move to a gated community. I agree that websites was a very bad idea and only gets more attention.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/14, 6:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia