Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I have a home that I am on deed and ex-wife is on mortgage al in with me but not deed. If she were to assume mortgage, can I quit deed to her or do we have to do an actual sale?

Asked on 1/19/20, 11:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Assuming the transfer is not in violation of the loan agreement, you can transfer the property to her with a simple quit claim deed. However, the deed needs to be drafted and executed properly and recorded with the local court.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/20, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia