Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

My neighbor has trees/bushes that are growing past the property line and killing my grass. I have asked him to trim them back and sent a certified letter. He still refuses to cut them back. What can I do legally to have him trim them back! Please help!!!

Asked on 8/02/10, 11:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Items over the property line are generally your property. You can trim them back. However, if you do it in such a way that damages the entire tree or bush, your neighbor will certainly have an issue with you. These are things to work out, and not send certified letters to someone a few yards away (and a certified letter provides no benefit anyway).

Read more
Answered on 8/07/10, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia