Legal Question in Telecomm Law in Georgia

I am very concern about an issue.. over 18 years ago I applied and open phone service in a small town in Georgia. I maintained this bill for several years, the phone provider decided to add the cable service to the account without my permission however; this account (cable) currently in my mother name.

The bill is still being paid until a few months ago, the phone provided closed my account due to a past due statement (cable) in my mother name from 1984. How this can happen and what can I do to resolve this issue?? Is there a statue of limitation for collection? Any advice will be appreciated.

Asked on 11/23/10, 1:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

There is a statute of limitations in terms of when the phone provider can SUE to collect the past due amount. The fact that the service provider refuses to provide you service because of the overdue bill is the company's own internal decision.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 11/28/10, 1:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Telecommunications Law questions and answers in Georgia