Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia


I made out my will giving my daughter my land, at my death, at that time I had 63 acres, but have now sold some. I have 32 acres, do I have to make a new will or can I just correct that. That is the only thing that will change.

Asked on 12/02/06, 4:53 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Re: Will

Without reading your whole will, there is no way to answer your question. Your present will may be adequate or you may need a new one.

You cannot "correct" a will. Any change on it revokes it.

While you can amend a will with a separate codicil, that is usually a horrible idea. A codicil means probating two documents rather than one, and is not cheaper to make than a new will.

A new will can cost as little as $150. Call my office if we can assist you.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/06, 11:18 am

Re: Will

It sounds like you have a sizeable estate, which makes it more likely that your will could be subjected to challenges during probate. Involving a lawyer in revision of your will is an investment in your peace of mind. Please call me in the event that I might assist you.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/06, 11:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia