Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Hawaii

power of atty in all states

My father lives in Hawaii, I in Texas but soon Alabama. I have power of atty for his insurance etc. with USAA but now have found I need to deal with his credit card company in Delaware. What type of form, if one exists, would I need to have POA in all states? Also, I found out a ''durable poa'' exists and that if my 77 yr. old father were to be incapacitated, I would still be able to make decisions on his behalf. I need that option. Thank you so very very much in advance for your time. gc

Asked on 5/04/07, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Bradie Bradie, Bradie & Bradie

Re: power of atty in all states

Your father needs to prepare a durable power of attorney. I don't know if Hawaii has such a form. You may need to prepare a Texas ststutory durable power of attorney and send it to him for proper signing.

Unfortunately, people are not obligated to honor the document if they choose not to.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/07, 4:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Hawaii