Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Illinois

I received a judgment against me for approximately $800 from a medical office. I have no income other than Social Security and a small pension from a teacher's retirement system. Can they take money out of these sources to pay for this judgment?

Asked on 11/02/17, 10:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

Beth are exempt, but those exemptions have to be pled when they try to attach your savings or chcking

Read more
Answered on 11/02/17, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Illinois