Legal Question in Criminal Law in Illinois

my daughter is 16 amd being charged with electronic harassment however when we went to court today no attorney the judge made us sighn our rights paper before we had a chance to read it and than the district attorney refused to show us court documentation

Asked on 6/01/16, 11:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

whatever you signed should be in the court file. if you want to get a copy, you should go to the clerk's office and get a copy of all the documents in the court file and then take them to a lawyer and have the lawyer review it. you did not say when this occurred and there are time limits, so you should go to the clerk's office and find a lawyer immediately!

Read more
Answered on 6/02/16, 7:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Illinois