Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I’m 22 and my sister is 17, she wants to leave my father and stepmothers home and move in with me due to them being very manipulative and causing her emotional trauma. Can I run into legal trouble for “harboring a runaway” and how can I go about helping her get to me?

Asked on 5/27/20, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Have you discussed this with your father? perhaps guardianship can be done by agreement agreement. Talk to a local attorney

Read more
Answered on 5/27/20, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois