Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

I live in chicago, how can I complete my divorce if my spouse will not attend the court dates?

Asked on 2/05/16, 7:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

Where does it say that your spouse has t attend. If your spouse has been served with summons and not appeared you can proceed with your spouse. If your spouse has filed an appearance but is not showing up, you can ask the spouse to set a status and order your spouse to appear with notice in the order setting the date that a failure to appear may result in an order of default - then you hace to mail that order to your spouse and she if they show up on that date. If they do not, the court should enter a default order. Then you can proceed without your spouse.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/16, 4:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois