Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

My son born April 2014. Girlfriend and I lived together unti end 2015. I paid mortgage, food, electricity--basically all the bills. I'm going to have to pay child support now of course. Can she get back support from his time of birth?

Asked on 1/25/16, 6:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

It is legally possible, but not likely. If she is represented by the by the state, my experience is that they do not norally seek support prior to the date of service of summons.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/16, 5:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois