Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Illinois

My ex-boyfriend owes me $50,000 which was given to him in 2011 and 2012 (collectively). I have yet to receive a dime from him. I sent him an email and text message to give him an opportunity to respond before any legal action is taken. I have yet to hear from him. My next step is to send a letter to his home and any supporting documents with respect to the money owed. If he doesn't respond after this attempt. How do you suggest I handle this if there is no response thereafter?

Asked on 7/27/16, 9:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elfreda Dockery Law Office of Elfreda Dockery

Hire an attorney! I suggest when you send the letter to your ex-boyfriend that you do so by certified mail and get the green card back to keep in your file. Additionally, make a copy of the letter before you mail it to your ex-boyfriend.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/16, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Illinois