Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

I am working with employer from Feb 2016 with my previous EAD card, but now I have lost my EAD card and have applied for new OPT card. But I'm yet to receive my new OPT card and I-797 notice. Can I continue working or should I terminate my employment?

Asked on 6/29/16, 4:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

As long as your OPT is valid, the fact that you lost your EAD card has no affect on your valid work authorization status.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/16, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois