Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

My child's father is a legal immigrant on H1B Visa. We had a baby. Now we are not together anymore. How much is he responsible for paying child support.

What if he goes back to his country. Is he still required to pay child support? What if he doesn't pay once he goes back to his country?

Can he fight me in the court for custody? Will he be able to take the kid out of the country?

Asked on 4/25/16, 8:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Even though he is a foreign national, this is actually a State Family Law question, so you would need to re-direct your concerns to a Family Law attorney licensed in the State of Illinois.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/16, 8:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois