Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

My mom applied for a B2 visa to the U.S. and after a brief interview she was told she's approved and was given a green receipt with a number to get her passport back. The next day she received a phone call from the embassy saying her passport will not have the visa with no further details. She contacted them by email asking for an explanation and all she got was template replies.

I'm wondering Is it legal to do so, and what can she do in order to dispute the decision?

She's been to the U.S. many times in the past 8 years and this is the 4th time she applies for the visa.

I appreciate the help.

Asked on 6/08/16, 9:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call us at (212) 968-8600. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 6/09/16, 11:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois